5 Steps To Protect Yourself From Hackers as a Bridal Makeup Artist
As a bridal makeup artist, it's crucial to stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and techniques. But in today's digital age, it's equally important to protect yourself from hackers and cyber threats. Having recently suffered from an attack ourselves and been locked out of all accounts, we can speak from experience!
As a small business owner, you likely have important client information stored on your computer or in the cloud, such as email addresses, phone numbers, and even credit card information. This information is valuable to hackers, who may try to steal it for their own gain.
Here are some steps you can take to protect yourself and your business from cyber threats:
1. Use strong, unique passwords for all of your online accounts, and avoid using the same password for multiple accounts. A password manager can help you generate and store strong, unique passwords.
2. Enable two-factor authentication on your accounts whenever possible. This adds an extra layer of security by requiring you to enter a code sent to your phone or email in addition to your password.
3. Be cautious when opening emails or clicking on links from unknown sources. Hackers often use phishing scams to trick people into giving away their login information or downloading malware.
4. Keep your computer and software up-to-date with the latest security patches and updates. This will help protect against the latest known threats.
5. Regularly back up your important data to an external hard drive or cloud storage service. This will ensure that you have a copy of your data in case your computer is lost or stolen, or if your files are corrupted or deleted.
By taking these steps, you can protect your business and your clients' information from cyber threats. Don't let hackers ruin your hard work - take the necessary precautions to keep your business safe and secure.